Washington State DUI Law
Need help? Email us today.
Drunk driving laws and penalties.
The various Bellevue drunk driving crimes are described in detail by Washington DUI law. These written laws also go into detail about penalties associated with each crime, and these are used to punish those who are convicted. Different DUI related charges require a different approach to crafting a defense, which makes understanding Washington DUI law vitally important if you have been charged with a drunk driving crime.
Consider that identical mandatory penalties apply to both a Bellevue DUI and a physical control violation, but Washington law identifies them as two very different crimes. Additionally, a DUI charged to a person over 21 years of age and a Bellevue minor DUI are not only defined as two differing offenses, but also have varying degrees of punishment based on very different criteria.
Obviously, Washington State drunk driving laws can be confusing to anyone that isn’t familiar with the law, so if you are facing a Washington drunk driving related charge, speak at your earliest opportunity with one of our Bellevue DUI attorneys and get more details. Are you interested in minimizing your Washington DUI offense penalties by fighting the charge or attempting to negotiate a plea bargain? If so, then an experienced Washington attorney gives you the best chance of success.
With decades of combined experience, our Bellevue DUI lawyers will give you a better understanding of Washington DUI law and how it applies to your case, before your first court date.
A Bellevue criminal lawyer can help you understand WA State DUI law.
Every driver has a pretty good idea what it means to drive under the influence (DUI), but few have an in-depth understanding of the written laws that apply to the many crimes that fall under that broad category. Take at look at the following overview of these various crimes as they are described in Washington DUI law, so that you can get a better idea of the differences.
- DUI or driving under the influence – This is the most common Bellevue drunk driving violation. In Bellevue and the rest of Washington, if you are caught driving with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08 or higher then you could be arrested and booked for DUI.
- Physical control violation – Washington State DUI law allows for a person to be changed for this crime even if they are not driving at the time they are noticed by an officer. In fact, you can be charged if you are found anywhere inside the vehicle, or even outside of the automobile.
- Minor DUI – Washington law states that if you are 21 years old or younger, and your blood alcohol content is .02 or higher, then you could be charged with this potentially life-altering crime. A conviction imposes mandatory and discretionary penalties that should be taken seriously, but the most damaging aspect could be obtaining a criminal record.
- Hit and run – There are two varieties of hit and run charges in Washington, one of which is a felony. You should take any hit and run seriously and contact an attorney before taking any other action.
- Marijuana DUI – These are treated very similar to alcohol related DUIs, and the penalties can affect your life in ways that you can’t immediately imagine.
- Reckless driving – Washington State has some of the most severe punishments in the United States, and reckless driving in Bellevue is no different.
- Negligent driving – Being found guilty of negligent driving can cause more than just a few headaches, so you should take a negligent driving charge with the seriousness and urgency it demands.
- Street racing – Washington law describes this crime as “two vehicles engaged in a relative contest of speed.” This crime is almost identical to reckless driving in Bellevue, and the penalties are also the same.
We help you build an aggressive DUI defense based on the law.
Bellevue DUI charges can only be challenged with a defense based on Washington law, as these are the only arguments the Washington courts will hear. This makes it vital for you to be ready with your defense BEFORE the date of your first court appearance, and this is a process that takes time.
If you’ve been charged with one of the drunk driving or other crimes listed on this page, you don’t have time to waste. Take action now and contact one of our Bellevue DUI attorneys so that they can help you get a better understanding of Washington State DUI law, and then use it to protect your legal rights.
We provide a FREE initial consultation for all of our clients, so this is your chance to start getting some guidance regarding WA State drunk driving laws and your case without risk or obligation. If you retain one of our Bellevue DUI lawyers, they will immediately start working on a defense that is based on Washington law.
Guidance from a skilled Bellevue DUI attorney.
Washington State DUI law can be daunting to attempt to understand, especially without the guidance of a skilled, knowledgeable Bellevue DUI lawyer. With some many laws and intricate complexities pertaining to the numerous DUI offenses that exist out there, it is rather difficult to discern which drunk driving laws pertain to your particular offense. Washington State has perhaps some of the most poignant DUI laws, and with this being the case, it is critical to understand how they can affect you if you were to be convicted.
As a helpful suggestion, some of your stress can be mitigated by adopting the mindset that you aren’t a criminal. Purposeful, hard-working individuals getting pulled over and charged with DUI related offenses are a daily occurrence.
An important thing to keep in mind is that the drunk driving laws of Washington State exist to safeguard our individual rights. How effectively those laws will protect those rights however is heavily influenced by how effective your defensive strategy utilizes them. This is why having a seasoned Bellevue DUI attorney by your side working to build you a strong case is so vital. How successful you are in getting your penalties reduced or dismissed is reliant on understanding those laws and putting them to good use. For a more in-depth understanding of Washington State drunk driving laws and how they pertain to your case in particular, please contact us for your free case consultation as soon as possible.
Call for a FREE consultation with a Bellevue drunk driving lawyer today.
Creating a strong defensive strategy requires time and effort. Our dedicated Bellevue drunk driving attorneys not only will educate you regarding WA State DUI laws, but are here to help handle the burden of proper filing and investigative work on your behalf. It is easy to get overwhelmed with just how much is involved with preparing for your DOL hearing and your day in court. Let us handle the complexities of your DUI charge and aggressively defend your freedom. Contact us immediately for help so that you avoid missing any deadlines.
With a keen understanding of Washington State DUI laws, our Bellevue drunk driving attorneys can help you put up a strong legal fight, stay out of jail and remain licensed to drive. Call for your risk-free consultation today and take your first step towards putting your DUI charge behind you.
FREE consultation – call today!
10900 NE 8th St, Ste #1000, Bellevue, WA 98004